The NSW Genetics Service Advisory Committee oversees a network of service providers in all the genetics service disciplines in NSW Health. A cross-area service is provided from clinical genetics units in metropolitan hospitals in conjunction with outreach services in all Area Health Services. Some services operate from one site as indicated below and provide a state-wide service. Services include clinical, laboratory, education and liaison.
- Clinical genetics and counselling services
- Outreach genetic counselling services in conjunction with clinical services provided from metropolitan sites.
- Cancer genetics services.
- The genetic metabolic disease service. (speciality services)
- (clinical genetics and counselling services in conjunction with fetal medicine units and obstetricians)
- The Genetics of Learning Disability Service (GOLD)(speciality services)
- Mothersafe (contact)
- Cytogenetics services
- Molecular genetics services
- The NSW Newborn Screening Programme
- The NSW Biochemical Genetics Service